The CAGP is currently seeking applications for the following Education Awards:
1. CAGP Geriatric Psychiatry Training Award: Offering $1,250, to help support sub-specialty training in geriatric psychiatry following completion of primary certification (FRCPC) in psychiatry. The purpose of this award is to support the development and completion of the advanced level academic project described in the Specialty Training Requirements for Geriatric Psychiatry (STR) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 4 awards available, $1,250 each.
2. CAGP Resident Award: Offering $1,000, to help to promote the development of future Canadian psychiatrists with a special interest in geriatric psychiatry. 3 awards available, $1,000 each.
And nominations for the following CAGP Award:
3. Outstanding Contributions in Geriatric Psychiatry Award: This award recognizes a geriatric psychiatrist who has made a significant contribution to geriatric psychiatry in Canada through education, research or innovations in service delivery.
Are you eligible to apply for the Resident or Training Award? Do you know someone who deserves to be awarded for their hard work in geriatric psychiatry?
For more information on the awards, please click here!
Submission deadline extended! All submissions due Thursday, August 31, 2017
All awards will be presented at the CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting in Toronto, ON November 4-5, 2017
Trainee Travel Bursaries Available for 2017 CAGP ASM
The Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP) and the Canadian Institute of Health Research – Institute of Aging (CIHR-IA) is pleased to offer ten (10) $500 travel bursaries for medical students, psychiatry residents, geriatric psychiatry subspecialty residents, and other residents with an interest in geriatric psychiatry to attend the CAGP 26th Annual Scientific Meeting in Toronto, ON from November 4-5, 2017.
Eligibility for the Annual Scientific Meeting Bursary:
1. Must be a trainee enrolled in a Canadian medical school or residency program including Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry or another specialty training program.
2. Must be a member of the CAGP (MIT or AIT).
3. Must be registered for the CAGP 26th Annual Scientific Meeting. Preference will be given to those residents who are travelling to attend the conference.
To apply for the bursary please forward a letter detailing the name of your training program (university and specialty), your year of training, your interest in geriatric psychiatry and your reason for attending the CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting. (Maximum 250-500 words)
Letters are to be forwarded electronically by August 31, 2017 to email@example.com
The successful applicants will be notified by September 15, 2017.