Listed below is the different classes of membership and eligibility.
Full Member retiree:
- Those who meet the "Full Member" criteria (listed above), but are withdrawn from the practice entirely, with no source of professional income.
- Those eligible for this category pay 25% of the regular Full Member fee.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this membership level.
- Physicians with fellowship from the RCPSC* or CFPC (or equivalent) who do not meet criteria for the full membership physician’s category.
Medical Students, Residents, or Fellows:
- Sub-specialty resident in geriatric psychiatry currently enrolled in a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada accredited training program in geriatric psychiatry.
- If applying for a Member-in-Training membership, please register online, then send a detailed CV to email@example.com. Membership is free!
- Full-time Medical students or residents with an interest in geriatric psychiatry.
- If applying for an Affiliate-in-training membership, please register online, then send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership is free!
Allied Health Professionals and Students
New in 2018! Affiliate - Allied Health:
- Individuals who by nature of their professional or volunteer activities have an interest in geriatric psychiatry
- *Important note: We are pleased to offer a free 1-year Affiliate: Allied Health membership until June 1, 2019 to Allied Health Professionals who register for the CAGP-CCSMH 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting. Allied Health Professionals will receive an email confirming their complimentary membership AFTER registering for the conference.
New in 2018! Affiliate - Allied Health Student:
- Students in an aging
or mental health-related professional program (e.g. nursing, gerontology, social work, OT, etc.).
- If applying as an Affiliate - Allied Health Student, please register online, then send a detailed CV to email@example.com. Membership is free!
*RCPSC = Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- All applications are reviewed by and must be acceptable to the board
- Membership does not influence standing with local licensing body