- The purpose of this award is to promote the development of future Canadian psychiatrists with a special interest in geriatric psychiatry.
- The Award provides Residents with the financial resources to attend the Annual Scientific meeting of the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry and to network with members of the CAGP.
- The successful applicant will be asked to prepare a poster presentation, either briefly outlining a proposal or presenting results of scholarly activity at the CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Following attendance at the annual meeting, if the full amount of the award has not been used, the resident may elect to use the remainder to support activities which promote his/her knowledge skills and experience in geriatric psychiatry.
- There are a total of three Resident awards available.
Psychiatry Residents enrolled in PGY-2, PGY-3, PGY-4 or PGY-5 of a postgraduate psychiatry training program in Canada as of July 2016, are a current CAGP Members-In -Training or Affiliates-in-Training, who have not been accepted into a Geriatric Psychiatry sub-specialty training program . If already accepted into a sub-specialty training program then we encourage the person to apply for the CAGP Training Award.
This award is not renewable and can only be awarded once to a given recipient.
The application should include:
- Letter by applicant detailing interest, previous experience in geriatric psychiatry, and future career goals.
- An outline of a proposed research project or other scholarly activity in geriatric psychiatry
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letters of reference from the applicant’s Postgraduate Director and Head of Division of Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Be a Member-In-Training of the CAGP