- The purpose of this award is to promote the development of future Canadian psychiatrists with a special interest in geriatric psychiatry.
- The Award provides residents with the financial resources to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) of the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry and to network with members of the CAGP.
- The successful applicant will be asked to prepare a poster presentation, either briefly outlining a proposal or presenting results of scholarly activity at the 2019 CAGP-CCSMH Annual Scientific Meeting to be held in Banff, Alberta, October 25 – 26, 2019.
- Following attendance at the ASM, if the full amount of the award has not been used, the resident may elect to use the remainder to support activities which promote his/her knowledge skills and experience in geriatric psychiatry.
Psychiatry residents accepted or enrolled in PGY-2, PGY-3, PGY-4 or PGY-5 of a postgraduate psychiatry training program in Canada as of July 2019, are a current CAGP Affiliate-In-Training member, and who have not been accepted into a geriatric psychiatry sub-specialty training program. If already accepted into a sub-specialty training program then we encourage the person to apply for the CAGP Geriatric Psychiatry Sub-Specialty Resident Award.
Please note that Affiliate-in-Training membership with the CAGP is FREE and is available to medical students or residents with an interest in geriatric psychiatry (who are not enrolled in a sub-specialty program). Click here for more details.
This award is not renewable and can only be awarded once to a given recipient.
The application should include:
- Letter by applicant detailing interest, previous experience in geriatric psychiatry, and future career goals.
- An outline of a proposed research project or other scholarly activity in geriatric psychiatry.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letters of reference from the applicant’s Postgraduate Director and Geriatric Psychiatry Supervisor or Faculty Member/Head of Division of Geriatric Psychiatry who is a member of the CAGP.
Application Due: Friday May 24, 2019
Please submit your completed application package electronically to email@example.com, with all sections clearly marked to the CAGP Awards Committee.
If you have any questions please contact us.